I created a "headboard" from vinyl stickers!
We have only a queen mattress, and box spring in the guest bedroom, right now.
Since, I'm not going to rush out and buy a head board, I created something different.
I know it's not a traditional headboard, but it's a lot thriftier!
And who says I have to be 'traditional', anyway? Better yet, I think it's absolutely beautiful.
We are creating with what we have, and what we can get
I dug out some decorating boxes from the garage, and found this hidden gem- the vinyl love bird tree.
I bought it over a year ago, wanting to use it in my black and red, "love/ wedding" themed master bedroom.
I ended up not using it, because I had too many items for that room.
So, now it's in the guest bedroom.
{Warren loves it as much as I do! He was actually disappointed the 'love birds' didn't end up in our bedroom.}
My BIG complaint:
It's black. Not, brown.
Our guest bedroom colors are browns and blues.
Truthfully, I have reservations about this vinyl tree in this room.
Frankly, I'm not sure it will coordinate, really.
I'm going to wait until I have the room put together, to see if I like it well enough to keep.
It's very easy to remove if I end up not diggin' the black, in a brown and blue room. {I can be weird about color coordinating.}
I've seen other vinyl trees, with birds, that are brown. They're pretty and all, but they don't have birds in a cage- which I adore. Bummer. I guess if I want BROWN, bad enough, I'll just buy a different vinyl tree.
For now, it's sooo pretty!
{P.S.} Just to help you out, if you love this as much as we do... I ordered it here.
{It's inexpensive!}
It comes on a large sheet with separate pieces, and you set the tree up as you please.
They're vinyl stickers. Just peel off, and stick your wall. Super easy, and oh so chic!
It comes in white vinyl, as well.
{Too bad, it doesn't come in brown!! grrrr
Just tell me to shut up, and stop complaining
about it not being brown, already! lol}








2 Royal Remarks:
It looks great Autumn, don't worry about it being black! It really will coordinate anyway since Black is a neutral too, it doesn't really read as a 'color'. In fact, I think it looks better this way - if it were brown I think it would look to matchy matchy with your other accessories. I really like some of the vinyl's like this, for some reason I'm always drawn to the birds and branches especially. I also like the idea of doing a non-traditional headboard. I just did one in my room recently and I used left over plywood donated by a friend, left over fabric from a different project and the only thing I had to buy was some batting. You can see it at this blog post: http://bandanamom.blogspot.com/2010/11/at-last-bedroom-remodel.html
It turned out awesome!! I can already picture my head under it when I come and visit!!!
Post a Comment