»

Friday, December 3, 2010

Game Night!

 Warren and I are huge board game players. {That's why we made a super cool game room in our home.} We are both competitive players, especially Warren. In fact, I view Warren as my mortal enemy when we play games. There's no lovey dovey anything when we play.
Playing a game is serious business!

 It's also well known that Warren's brother, James, is even more competitive- the most of anyone in the Weber family. He's a tyrant!
With siblings being so competitive growing up, and lots of heated arguments over a simple game, probably mostly Warren and James, Mom and Dad stopped playing games with them. Well, mostly Mom quit playing. {I don't think I blame her!  I've been a witness to these "heated arguments", and it's not pretty.}

BE ADVISED: What you're about to read, and see, is rare.

Very rare indeed.

We
played
Aquire
with
Mom and Dad,
 last night!

 After we tucked the little people in bed, we got our drinks, and sat down to the game room table. 




 Dad brought out chocolate covered cherries, but he couldn't get too comfortable just yet. Warren appointed his dad:
The Banker.
Now, this is an old game of Aquire that Warren found at a thrift store. For some reason there were no $1000 bills, so Dad had tons of fun counting out change all night. Not.
However, the rest of us got a good laugh at his constant change- making from $5000 dollar bills.


 Even though we knew Mom and Dad hadn't played this game in years, {Mom said she hadn't played it in at least 20 years. Wow!} we didn't let them off the hook so easy. 
We played a great game, and lo and behold...

Mom won!

Seriously?!

Dad came in second place, to boot. 

Really?!

 Warren and I just shook our heads. We lost to the one person who doesn't even play board games!
I swear we didn't just let her win!

 After we finished, Mom said, "That was fun! I had a nice time." 
Maybe, she realized what she's been missing. Just maybe.

 Now, I don't know if she's ready to start playing games again, but we were thrilled to play at least one game with Mom and Dad.  I agree with Mom- it was fun!

Warren thinks he's going to get his parents to play Coliseum with us, tonight. {One of our favorite games.}
Hmmmm, we'll see.
He's probably pushing his luck on that one. haha

1 Royal Remarks:

The Girls' Mom said...

awww poor warren had to lose :)