»

Friday, December 17, 2010

Darling Dresses

 My sister-in-law, Sharon, is a wizard on the sewing machine. She can literally do anything she wants- it's very cool!  While visiting us, I asked if she could help me make baby Andelin some dresses for Christmas gifts.  Sharon was game, and we shopped for cute fabric.

 I ended up buying enough fabric, and ribbon, to make 3 dresses. The best thing of all...
 is it was only $23 for 3 dresses.  Score!

 Since it was late, and we were trying to hurry to get the dresses finished so we could get to bed at a decent hour, Sharon did the sewing, and I was her assistant. {Cutting, ironing, etc..}

After only 3 hours of work...here's the magical results:





 Aren't they darling?!  {Sharon and I love the last one the most.}
They are recreated from a 'pillowcase' dress pattern I saw online somewhere. 
Sharon only had to look at the photos I showed her, and she whipped these up like there's no tomorrow!
{I told ya she's awesome.}

 The dresses are made to wear with a onesie under them.  Also, Andelin can wear tights while it's cold outside, and sandals when it's hot. Even better-  these will fit as dresses for now, but she'll be able to wear these as tops when she gets bigger. Oh, and the ribbon I bought for the ties- there's enough left over to make matching hair bows.

 After Andelin opens these up on Christmas, I will dress her in them, and post pictures.
 I'm sure they will be even cuter being worn by our princess.

I bow down to Queen Sharon! {I may be the Queen of Chaos, but she is definitely the Queen of Sewing!}

2 Royal Remarks:

The Girls' Mom said...

These are darling! I love the last one too! I made Claire a skirt out of the fabric of the first one.

Sharon said...

oh cute! thanks for the nice compliments :) you forgot to add how i pretend like i know what i am doing, and just hope for the best