Since the summer heat is upon us- we have enjoyed swimming in the cool pool a few times. Believe it or not but the water in the pool is still a bit chilly, especially when one first jumps in. And if the wind is blowing outside it makes for a shorter pool experience since it's not fun swimming while cold. Even though Phoenix has record breaking highs and sweltering summer days- a swimming experience CAN be too cold!
We are glad we have a drive-in near our home to enjoy. :) Unfortunately, the prices have gone up - just like everywhere/everything else. But it's still cheaper then taking the whole family to an indoor theater. Now that it's summer we can go pretty much any night of the week and not wait until the weekends. {It makes for a very late night.} We took the kiddos to see "UP" the other night. That was a super good movie!
We also bought the Summer Movie Tickets again this year. {A local theater chain does this every summer.} It's 7$ per person and you get 10 weekly movie tickets- a fantastic deal! We chose to go every Friday morning. Last week was 'Space Chimps'. The kiddos love going to the theater- especially for the soda and popcorn! We don't let out children drink much soda.
The front living room curtains that I have been working on are nearly completed. They are all up on rods and they look complete...but they aren't. Since I had a baby shower and birthday party here at our place I just pinned some of the hems for a quick finished look! haha {Very ingenious if you ask me.} I have about 20 minutes of sewing left to do on some seams. I'm pretty proud of myself- they look great... not to mention they keep out the hot sun better then what was up before. I'll post pictures later.
As you may know...we are huge game people. Warren has bought a few new games for us to play and it's been fun times. They are: Drakon, Mummy Rummy and Carcassonne.
We really like them all.
I'm still plucking away at writing my novel. I was contacted by another LDS writer who lives here in the valley. He is wanting to start up a monthly LDS writing group. So far there are 3 of us interested...but we are hoping to get a couple more on board. I'm anxious for us to get started. This will motivate me to fine-tune my writing as well as presenting new material each month in order for people to read it. I need some motivation right now.
I've been working on genealogy lately and have had some neat experiences. Today I was able to take some of those names to the temple to do baptisms with my son, {his first time going now that he's 12}, some youth from our ward and Warren. We had a wonderful time and I'm on cloud 9 right now. :) Doing temple work is such a great feeling to me!
My mom is coming to visit us next week! I saw her in November but Warren and the
children haven't seen her {Nana} in over 2 years. She is staying with us for a week then she will be going to stay with one of my other sisters and her family for a week in northern Arizona. We are looking forward to hanging out with her. ;)
The end of this month our family will be heading to Utah for a family reunion. There are lots of fun things planned... one being that us adults and 2 of our youth get to go to the temple together- which I am especially excited about. Our short people are anxious to see all their cousins.
Not to mention lots of picture taking opportunities too! {My scrapbooking heart is beating wildly}
That's about it these days. I'm keeping pretty busy but wishing I was laying in bed reading or something! I hope to get a few lazy days in this summer...but getting it without complaints from my short people being agonizingly- bored- out- of- their- minds will be a miracle.





2 Royal Remarks:
We still have 2 days of school! AAUUGGHHH!! Sounds like you already have a lot planned this summer, hope you are able to find a few days to relax, but I know what you mean about the kiddos getting bored and making it hard for you to have some time of your own. I can't believe what a handsome young man Connor has become! Where does the time go! Congrats on receiving the priesthood, Connor!
I love the new blog makeover! The bright blue and red cherries. Too cute!
Post a Comment