Since my now almost 3 year old, Tucker, was about 7-8 months old he liked to find my elbow, preferably the left one, and rub it. I thought it was funny when he started doing it and I think it's even funnier now since he's still doing it.
I often wonder when he'll stop. Instead of sucking his thumb or binkie or totes around a blankie...he uses his mommy's God given elbow as his comfort. Weird, I know.
It started as a comfort thing while he was nursing. Even though he doesn't nurse anymore, he will still crawl up on my lap or lay next me in bed and find my elbow, the left elbow, and rub it. Especially if he's sad, hurt or tired.
It started as a comfort thing while he was nursing. Even though he doesn't nurse anymore, he will still crawl up on my lap or lay next me in bed and find my elbow, the left elbow, and rub it. Especially if he's sad, hurt or tired.
My right elbow is nice and soft. My left elbow, on the other hand, {or should I say on the other arm? hehe} is now a little rough. I can't imagine why?
If you've been pregnant, or have had a nursing baby, you most likely have hit a time when an overwhelming feeling of just wanting your body back is in high demand. All to your own- no sharing. Mine. Mine. Mine.
Well, I'm NOT pregnant and I'm NOT nursing and I STILL have this deep yearning of wanting MY body back to call my own. hahaha
OK, I'm exaggerating a tiny bit- it's not that bad. But I am wondering when these elbow fondling days will be over!







1 Royal Remarks:
Oh, this is so sweet. When my youngest and I snuggle, she likes to pat and rub the back of my hands. She is my special needs girl and even though she's 9 she still does this. I don't think she will ever grow out of it. Hang on to these "little" things while you can.
Post a Comment