»

Saturday, September 20, 2008

Saturday/Sunday



Today we are going to the church with our children to practice in the chapel for Sunday's annual primary program. There's lots of singing from all the primary aged children {ages 3-11} as well as mini talks on what they've learned in Sunday school this past year.

Warren and I teach together, Parker's class, and so we'll be practicing songs as well. Since we're practicing in the chapel, we will be wearing our Sunday best clothes- which is fine- but afterward the primary presidency is serving PIZZA!? What are they thinking? I told Warren that we are bringing another set of clothes for our kids to change into before they take one bite of that messy triangle. I don't need to do MORE laundry then necessary, sheesh.


Conner is the narrator, with another girl. He's got a lot of parts. Parker will be giving a 3 minute talk. Emmalese and Spencer have only two lined parts. Tucker is still in nursery, he won't be performing. Warren and I won't be speaking- just singing with all the children. And of course, nudging each child along when it's their turn to speak. {All the children have a part.}

On Sunday we have the primary program, which is held during the first hour with the whole church congregation watching. Once we break to Sunday School- Warren and I will be teaching our lesson to our class followed by teaching Sharing Time- which is a mini lesson and singing time for the rest of the primary children. As you can see...we've got a lot to juggle on Sunday! But I get to do it with Warren and that's always fun. :)
I can already tell ya I'll be taking a long nap Sunday afternoon.








3 Royal Remarks:

Dan Olsen said...

I always like the Primary sacrament meeting. Out of the mouth of babes...

T. Erickson said...

Hi Queen of Chaos!

This is Trishelle, my mom and I are the writers who are working on the "Chest of Souls". I'm happy you enjoyed what you've read so far.
I know you said you wanted to correspond by email. But since Mom and I have different email addresses, I was wondering if I could get your email as well?
Mine is: StravenLite@gmail.com. And my blog is www.quenspen.blogspot.com . (I don't have any stories there yet, but I do have sketches.) You can check it out when you have the time.
I also know that Mom wants to send you a copy once she's finished revising.
-Thanks-TE

Jewel Allen said...

Hooray for Sunday naps! I'm a big fan of them, too.