Oh, it gets better, folks! Not only will we be driving our 5 children...but we are talking about adding two more! No, I can't pop out twins that fast- we are talking it over with my sister, Tami, to have her fly with her baby and we drive her other two children in our van. That way she won't have to miss as many days off of work and she will be able to afford one flight ticket instead of three. Otherwise, she doesn't think she can afford to go.
If you didn't know- we drive a bus! Not really, but we have a nice big van that seats 9.
You know, I never thought nor ever desired to have the 'Mormon Mom' look of driving a giant beast...but here I am. Never say never!
Now that we drive it- we are very pleased with the room we have. With five children {four of which are boys} it's wonderful to have the space needed for their legs. We drove this van up to Utah on our last road trip and it was a fantastic way to travel. Very roomy, very comfy.
Now that we drive it- we are very pleased with the room we have. With five children {four of which are boys} it's wonderful to have the space needed for their legs. We drove this van up to Utah on our last road trip and it was a fantastic way to travel. Very roomy, very comfy.

We don't have three long bench seats, thank goodness. Only one in the back. The middle has two bucket seats by the windows and the first row is a mini bench that seats two. The front has two captain chairs. Which equals out to be 9 seats.
With a humongous portable car top carrier, decent truck space, as well as good space under benches and chairs, we aren't too worried about space. We will be fine in that department. What I am more worried about is killing these children! I swear I'll drug 'em with Benedryl if one of them so much as looks at me cross eyed! haha
So, call us crazy- but these are the plans we are coming up with. Definitely not the brightest we've ever had- but one that is necessary. I'll have to share more as our plans pan out...
I think I'm already having a panic attack.





10 Royal Remarks:
I have lots of memories of road trips with my family (6 kids) all stuffed in a small vehicle. There was always something that went on...someone puking, peeing, whining, laughing, crying....good times?....good times. :)
P.S., the only time that I ever heard my dad swear, was at the end of a really long road trip (to arizona in fact) and we had been saying the infamous, "he's touching me...". He had had it I tell ya. He swore, and that did it. We were silent for the rest of the trip. Worked like a charm. Not that I recommend that for you, but hey...ya never know. heh heh
Autumn,a.k.a. Your Majesty,
I met your sis-in-law (Sharon) at the Ricks Bldg. yesterday. We were roomies in the Baronessa Apts. She mentioned that you do book reviews, even of unpublished books.
My mother and I have written a series named Chest of Souls and wondered if you would be willing to read at least the first prologue/chapter (more if you are willing). Her blogspot is chestofsouls.blogspot.com for that information. She even has pics of the people she would like to play the parts and lots of other stuff. We welcome all constructive criticism so we can market the book. We look forward to hearing from you. Trishelle and Michelle Erickson
Cousins might actually be good - throw the kids off their center a bit.
Our oldest goes into super hyper mode with Benedryl. Not the best option for us.
I never worry about road trips our kids are well behaved and it helps that we love to travel and see different things.
Holy Moly you are crazy!!! But it'll be a fun page to scrapbook later. Hope it all work out.
'shel-
I would LOVE to read your manuscript and review it for you two. :) I've reviewed several published books, manuscripts, as well as books about to be published. I've also done a couple interviews with authors {and will be doing another this month} and posted them on my blog. It givess me a chance to promote GREAT books that are clean and well written.
Good luck with your novel! I'm excited for you gals!
And I wanted to share that my children are well behaved. They aren't crazy or wild or anything like that. They are actually good kids, we get compliments on them everywhere we go. I just don't like driving with children. I'd prefer to fly. But, oh well. Maybe one day when we're rolling in money.;) I think we'll have a fun time- but my nerves will be shot by the end of our trip that's for sure!
My sisters kids are diffferent though. They are a little harder then mine at times. I'm more worried about them then my own, really.
Hey Autumn, thanks for the great compliment! It means a lot coming from you with you "background". I don't share that information with everyone so freely. Most people (namely mother) tell me I should slow down and take a break, nap, etc. I have a basic outline for the book, but no time line for finishing whatsoever. I really don't know much about the process. Maybe that will be the next class I take. My classes are currently psych personality, statistics, geology, and history, all of which are "on campus" in Salt Lake. I have a cooking class that I am doing via online/independent study. Since it is not "on campus" I have flexibility in the due dates. I figured I would be cooking for the family anyway right? Not that easy though. I have to choose a recipe from each section in the cookbook (textbook) and two candies.
Anyway, I love seeing your van. We have been avoiding the thought of owning one but I am sure sooner or later our suburban will have to turn into one big van. Hubby says - NOOooo!!!! Our little Dallas has the opposite reaction to benadryl, hyper-silly mode. I have wanted to drug them on several occasions, but once was enough for me. I hope it works for you! We have started talking about a road trip for next summer. ugh! Oh, my kids are well behaved and nice too, but just the thought of being "trapped" for hours on end... :)
I hope you'll have a chance to say HI on your way through!
stop by our house- we've got room for you!!
Post a Comment