»

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

School's in session!!


My busy and fun summer days are over. We had a FUNtastic summer break and I'll miss having the freedom to be laid back. I'm a mom who loves to play with her children and boy, did we play! {My house may not be as organized as some but I have a great time with my children and I think that's what really matters. Time well spent with them is high on my priority list.}


Now it's just my little two year old, Tucker, and I here at home. You may think one child is easy now that four are gone during the day... but I beg to differ. Having all five at home was easier {notice I didn't add quieter in this sentence} because my oldest children help out a lot and happily entertain Tucker- where as now Tucker has gone back to being my shadow and 'needs' me constantly! He's independent in that he'll play alone but only if he's in the same room as me. Or he'll watch a cartoon but only if he can still see me from a distance from the couch...and so on. I suspect he will loosen up a bit as he gets used to all his adoring fans being gone. Knock on wood.




I'm excited to have a little more time to myself now. I can focus on my hobbies more- such as writing, scrapbooking, reading and having my weekly scripture study group.
I'm in the midst of making my Christmas cards as well and hope to finish those soon.
Also, I've put off reading some novel manuscripts that I'd hoped to read this summer but didn't. By the time I can add my two cents to these writers they will have had them published already! {Sorry, April and Dan. I can hear your files beeping at me! I don't mean to push you aside.}


My first priority is to read and review the newest novel {book 3} of the- In Company of Good Women series- "Surprise Packages" by Carroll Morris, Lael Littke and Nancy Anderson. I will post my review and interview with these lovely lady authors later this month.




What are you up to the next couple months?



6 Royal Remarks:

Anonymous said...

Wow, having only one child at home... I would have at least three years before that could possibly happen.

I hope Tucker lets you have a larger range sooner than later.

Me, hmmm.... Besides school stuff, I'm trying to get things in order to the point that we could move or leave on vacation with greater ease. I'll have to get back to you on something more specific or substantial.

Don said...

I have to agree on the "one is harder than two" thing - most of the time, anyway.

We've got 11 days until school starts, so there's a bunch to fit in there. Today is the dentist. Tomorrow - hopefully nothing.

Saturday might be back to school shopping, if I can scrounge enough cash.

Glad to hear you had a fun summer. That's what it's all about.

Shaina said...

I'm looking forward to some time with just me and Georgie. We make a good pair. School starts next week. Whahoo!

Stephanie Humphreys said...

School here doesn't start until Sept. 2. Until then I have to find the energy to start the canning. Can't quite figure out where the energy has gone though.

The Girls' Mom said...

We started school this week. so That is what we have to look forward to except we will be taking a trip next weekend. I will be glad when school starts though because I will have some peace and quiet from the millions of kids at my house.

Arlyn said...

You're already working on CHRISTMAS CARDS??? I have no plans until school starts and I have time to make plans.