»

Monday, June 2, 2008

Some like it HOT!

What does HOT mean to me is the question of the day for my first blog entry in the Big Blog Challenge I'm participating in.

Well since I live in Phoenix, Arizona and it's full on summer here {even though summer isn't officially until June 24} I'm going to say that when I think of HOT I'm thinking Phoenix living.


Let's just get it out of the way...I love living here! I hate cold. I'd rather be warm or hot then cold. See, my philosophy is rather simple. Snow is something you drive to for an afternoon or weekend getaway- 2 hours north for us- then back home to warmth! Also, we live in the 21st century where A/C and swimming is a normal part of our lives. I go from my air conditioned house to my air conditioned van to an air conditioned store, church, friends house etc...to a swimming pool during the summers here. How is this miserable folks? Do you seriously think I stand outside dripping with sweat for kicks? Now that would be the true definition of hell. But with A/C everywhere and swimming pools galore...this is an awesome place to live! Oh, and we are so blessed in that we don't have very much humidity here at all- so much more livable with no humidity. Plus you can't beat the 8 months of WARM or mildly cold weather here, either. That's just plain sweet!

Some like it HOT....and I am that someone!

7 Royal Remarks:

Angela V. said...

Great photo! I like warm weather but only for a couple months...then I am sick of it! I really like living here (MD) where we get snow in the winter and sun in the summer. Spring and Fall are pretty short lived, but hey, what can you do?

Carmen O. said...

Sounds enticing to me as long as their is plenty of AC :).

Arlyn said...

I love A/C and pools (don't love bathing suits), but hot to me is upper 80's. I lived in Phoenix for three years when I was a kid. I'm still cooling off from that! ;)

I'm glad you're happy there. That's what really matters.

Amy said...

I like it hot too. It does get hot in Delaware but not like Arizona - I just hate the humidity here. Yuck!

Me said...

LOL! Autumn, it's okay. You don't have to move. LOL! You tell'em girl!

I like it hot too!

Helena said...

I AM MOVING!!!!!!!!!!!

Tripalee said...

Great blog, love that photo!