I'm still reading The Host. I'm about 200 pages into the 600. I don't have as much time to read it exclusively as I want. After page 100 or so it started to get better and more compelling. I'm caught up in what's going to happen to Melanie/Wanderer.
Today I took the children to school early because the school was hosting a Mother's Day breakfast. It was really neat to talk among the teachers, eat yummy food and feel appreciated.

Emmalese goes on a field trip today to a Play.
She is so excited that she woke up {and me} at 6 am. Grrrrr
I told her she could get up but I was going to wait until my alarm went off an hour later!
She is so excited that she woke up {and me} at 6 am. GrrrrrI told her she could get up but I was going to wait until my alarm went off an hour later!
Every Friday is early release for my school aged children. After school today all of us are heading over to Lydia's house, where Rachel is meeting us, so we can have lunch together and let the kids play. I met these two gals, who are super good friends of mine, several years ago. Since they live 20 minutes away and we're in different wards {church buildings} we don't see one another as often so I'm looking forward to today.
Also, Conner and Lacie, {Lydia's 11 yr old daughter} have been writing snail mail letters for over a year now as pen pals.
Also, Conner and Lacie, {Lydia's 11 yr old daughter} have been writing snail mail letters for over a year now as pen pals.
They've been having a fun time with that. So Conner is thrilled to go see Lacie, especially.Now I don't play this girlfriend/boyfriend game. I think it's inappropriate and it bugs me when people say such things...even about little babies. Just me. But I will say that if things were to work out between Conner and Lacie later on in life...Lydia and I will be tickled!
Tonight I'm going to the Temple with the Eaton's and Chases'.
I know I'm the third wheel and all but I'm so needing to attend the Temple, BAD. I will miss Warren's presence there terribly but I know it's the place I need to be even if it's without him. After the Temple we are going out to dinner...and I think I'll feel more like the third wheel then! Oh, well.
Saturday morning we are going to our ward building {which is also the Stake Center} for tryouts in a play/musical! I can't remember the name of it- but it's about the LDS pioneers crossing the plains to Salt Lake. It focuses a lot on love on the trail- like teenagers and young adults. There needs to be other characters too- so we decided to try out as a family. I think it will be good for us and FUN too.
Saturday night is our wards talent show. {Our church congregation}
I know I'm the third wheel and all but I'm so needing to attend the Temple, BAD. I will miss Warren's presence there terribly but I know it's the place I need to be even if it's without him. After the Temple we are going out to dinner...and I think I'll feel more like the third wheel then! Oh, well.Saturday morning we are going to our ward building {which is also the Stake Center} for tryouts in a play/musical! I can't remember the name of it- but it's about the LDS pioneers crossing the plains to Salt Lake. It focuses a lot on love on the trail- like teenagers and young adults. There needs to be other characters too- so we decided to try out as a family. I think it will be good for us and FUN too.
Saturday night is our wards talent show. {Our church congregation}
We're not in it- we chickened out. We are content watching it and having a potluck with our ward family.
Sunday- Mother's Day-
we will be heading to church, as usual. I'll be teaching my class in Primary. Later that evening we are joining the Eaton family, with their extended family, for a Lasagna dinner made by the men. I feel happy they invited us since Warren is gone. I have to admit that I'm very sad Warren will be gone this Mother's Day. Even though I will be with my children- and I'm their mother and it's 'Mother's Day'- I wish Warren was here. After all, I wouldn't be a mother if it weren't for his help!
So that wraps up our plans for this weekend. I hope you all have a fantastic weekend yourselves!
Sunday- Mother's Day-
we will be heading to church, as usual. I'll be teaching my class in Primary. Later that evening we are joining the Eaton family, with their extended family, for a Lasagna dinner made by the men. I feel happy they invited us since Warren is gone. I have to admit that I'm very sad Warren will be gone this Mother's Day. Even though I will be with my children- and I'm their mother and it's 'Mother's Day'- I wish Warren was here. After all, I wouldn't be a mother if it weren't for his help!So that wraps up our plans for this weekend. I hope you all have a fantastic weekend yourselves!





5 Royal Remarks:
That sounds like a fun weekend. I wanted to know what u thought of the book. My friends have it at their store and I am thinking of buying it. I already bought my copy of her last book in the twighlight series. I like going to the temple and doing initiatory when Jason cant come because that is something we dont do together anyways and then its not so lonely.
Sorry that Warren won't be there, I wish he could, but he is working hard to take care of his family, just as you are sacrificing so to be without him. It must be hard but I am glad you have good friends to hang out with on such special day.
It sounds like you guys keep busy! That is good!
I'm interested to find out how the tryouts went? Did you get casted? What a full, but fun weekend you had. Sounds like lots of fun- Happy mother's day!
Sadly, we missed the play tryouts because I got sick with what the Tucker and Spencer had! I wasn't too happy and neither were my kids.
We are hoping there are some open slots left in the play. I know the director was trying to fill and cast as much as possible on Saturday. I guess we can cross our fingers and hope. {We were wanting minor parts anyway...so I'm hoping there's some of those spots left}
I do hope that you are feeling better! I got sick in DC... I blame you! Nothng like being sick! Yippee! Going to bed now!
Post a Comment