»

Saturday, April 26, 2008

My crazy, weird obsession

As most know, I have only ONE girl out of four boys. I have found that I like this because The Princess and I have a lot of fun together. {I really am a good mom to the boys, too!}

One thing my daughter, Emmalese, enjoys is, having the cutest toys ever made- The Littlest Pet Shop collection. Not only does she love these miniature animals and bugs-but I am OBSESSED with them, as well! I enjoy looking on the official web site for the 'new' ones, trying to hunt down the 'rare' ones and, of course, buying them. The Littlest Pet Shop collections can be purchased at Wal-mart, K-mart, Target, Toys R Us and Kohls. {And, of course, eBay.}

If you haven't seen these pets up close and personal- they are bobble head pets. All are made from plastic, but there are some, very few actually, that are covered in a soft fur.

I haven't counted how many little pets 'we' have collected- I think I'm a bit afraid! But I will say the number rises all the time.
Also- not only do I love buying these adorable toys, I LOVE playing with them with my children. {I say 'children' and not daughter because ALL of my children like playing with them.
We have fun staging these great scenes and acting out the voices of any said little pet. Oh, boy do I need to work on my accents!}

Below are pictures of the ones on my current wish list.


They are sold-out on the web site and very hard to find in stores. I hope I can purchase them on the web site soon. With the exception of the last one- The Lady Bug. Oh, the sweet, sweet Lady Bug! It's not available on the web site anymore- it's retired. And to buy it I'd have to purchase it on eBay for at least $20 bucks or more!!! Hello- I'm NOT paying that kind of money for a Lady Bug- even if it's adorable! {Well, maybe for a Christmas gift...hmmm just maybe. I can be such a sell out sometimes!}


Toys R Us had an exclusive pet made for them- the Giraffe. Oh, so stinkin' cute!




I got a hot tip that they were selling out fast so I went and bought two. One for me and the other for a friends daughter. As soon as I got home, Warren, my husband, looked them up on eBay and found they were selling well. He wants me to hold onto these two unopened packs and wait to see if their more valuable later. The reason to hang on to both is that one package had a GREEN water bowl with it and the other had a PINK water bowl. *Rare*- I guess.

So, fine, I thought I'd stick the two pakages in the closet for now and the following day I'd go back and buy two more. Yeah right! My friend and I went back the very next day and they were GONE. Even though I have two Giraffes- their not to play with. Grrrrrr

So, the Giraffe is now on my wish list too! {And I don't care what color bowl it comes with! haha}









4 Royal Remarks:

Stephanie Humphreys said...

My youngest loves littlest pet shop, but she usually only gets them on birthdays or Christmas. She has a cheap mother who spends very little on toys.

Sharon said...

i think they're kinda weird, but i can see how they can be cute, i do like the giraffe

Shavonne said...

You're right, they are really cute! What a fun time you guys must have all playing together wiht them!

kdaygirl said...

We have ALOT of these toys, my girls like to create whole worlds with them and the funny thing is that Addi likes to play too.