Weaning my now official 2 year old, Tucker, has been a lot harder then imagined. He's addicted to my boobies and the sweet nectar God provided me with! I can't say I blame him- he's just milking it for everything it's worth! (pun intended)
Warren, my husband, and I agreed that when Tucker made it to two years I'd stop. Sheesh...what a task! Tucker nurses about 6-8 times {sometimes MORE} in a 24 hour period, STILL. Up until now it's been ok with me, I've enjoyed it, being this is the longest I've nursed any of my 5 children. But there comes a time when too much of a good thing becomes...well annoying. I suppose that's how I feel. I'm torn between Tucker's LOVE of nursing and the guilt of needing to quit because he's just getting too old. On top of that I seem to be getting more annoyed with it, too.
Of course, I won't just quit cold turkey...I'd DIE! But slowly weaning and saying no more often is what I am trying and it's proving to be very, very hard.





4 Royal Remarks:
I can't believe you have been so paitent for this long! olivia sucks her thumb and plays with my hair, sure it was cute when she was tiny and pudgy but now I can't stand the constant begging and following me around. I wish I could 'wean' her. Good luck, I think the older they are the harder it is to break their habits.
jayne decided to stop, she needed a baba because she needed to be on the move, i was holding her back, so i didn't have to deal with the weaning...
I've only made it to a year with one of mine. That was big for me and I was definitely done. She pretty much went right on to cups...we don't do sippy cups much. We'll see how long I go with the current one. You just go as long as you're comfortable, right?
Autumn your blog is so cute. Thanks for making my blog so cute today too. YOUR AWESOME!!
Post a Comment