»

Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Ah...Ah...Ahchew

Allergies. There is nothing more annoying. I'm having such fun right now with sneezing, watery and itchy eyes tagged along with an itchy throat. I look like I've been crying my soul out for days on end but it's not so...just allergies.

When I moved to Arizona over 10 years ago, many people asked- 'Do you have allergies?'

'No, never have. Probably never will. Nobody in my family has them either.'
I can't count the many times I'd say this.

'Ah, but you will.' They'd reply will confidence.

'Whatever.' - Wishing I could roll my eyes right in front of them.

'Once you've lived here close to 10 years you will get them.'
Was repeated over and over to me.

'Again, whatever.'
Like I believe all you freaky people who are probably just jealous that someone out there actually has never suffered from allergies.

Never say never, folks.

"Hi, my name is Autumn, and I have allergies."

ARRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

4 Royal Remarks:

Stephanie Humphreys said...

Yuck, allergies. Every year I look forward to the snow melting and the flowers blooming. Then when everything starts growing and I start sneezing, I remember why I don't ever tell people spring is my favorite time of year.

Hope you feel better soon.

The Girls' Mom said...

That happened to me but it only took about 5 years and every year in August I get hit with something horrible and it always changes. Swollen whites of my eyes, bronchial problems besides the normal sneezing and stuff. BLAH, I'm feeling your pain!

Anonymous said...

I am sooo sorry! LOL! sometimes i wish i could move out of state just so i can breathe. and no matter how hard i try at least 1 allergy spell turns into a sinus infection. dont let this be you! feel better. just think, in the summer everything will be DEAD and we can breathe easy! arghhhhh, if we live that long! ~ big toe mom

Arlyn said...

That's what people kept telling us when we lived in Las Vegas. We moved after almost 4 years, so maybe we avoided it. My oldest two were born there though and the oldest has some allergies that we just diagnosed this past summer. Who knows if it's related!?