Since our family has decided to do the 'Hinckley Challenge' we've been right on track. We've only missed one night of reading because we had guests over 'till the wee hours of the morn. Thankfully, we had read a few extra pages before, so we are still 'ON TRACK'!
If you started right on time with the rest of the world {currently, there's over 30 thousand people/ families joined in this across the globe!} on February 4th then reading just over 5 pages a day would get you completed by May 10th. I'm pleased to report we're doing great. Our children seem happy to do this and so am I. My husband on the other hand really hates stuff like this. He thinks that trying to read scriptures in a time frame is wrong. "Quality not Quantity" is his rebuttle. But hey, President Hinckley asked us to do it 2 years ago and so it can't be all that wrong! So we are honoring his life and mission by doing it yet again. I've heard a couple grumbles from Warren but since I don't care if he wants to do this or not... the rest of us are enjoying it. {If you can't tell I am the one who has to gather our family for Prayer, FHE, Scriptures, Family Council and Blessings. It's a shame but someone's gotta step up, right?} Though, I will admit, I was impressed that Warren read scriptures with our children while I was out with girlfriends on Tuesday night! I think that's a good sign of positive progress...{along with prayers uttered to Father from me that Warren will gain his own testimony of this experience we are undertaking with our family.}
I'm still finishing up a couple of loose projects I've been straggling along with...but hey I'm progressing and that's all that matters.
Our short people have had pain in their necks this past week. No, they haven't BEEN pains in the neck they HAVE pain in their necks. heehee--- All 5 of our children were diagnosed with Strep. WOW! Usually there's one or two unlucky necks in the group but this time they've all been hit. BOOM! All of our children are on antibiotics and it's all good now. Though, little Tucker has been really fighting his meds. We've resorted to putting it in juice and he has no clue. HIP, HIP, HORRAY!!
So far neither Warren or I show signs of it. Warren is starting to get a bad cold and I'm knocking on wood he doesn't get Strep. And I don't suspect I will get it. I grew up with getting Strep at least 2-3 times a year. When I was 17 I had my tonsils removed and I've never had Strep since. NICE.





3 Royal Remarks:
Hope the kids feel bette soon. In a way, it's nice if they all have it at the same time so you don't have to worry if they'll get it or not.
haha, i thought you wrote toenails when i was reading through... i was like, "why would toenails make a difference in getting strep?" i was laughing for like 3 minutes just now
Oddly enough you getting your tonsils out bring about some really funny memories. I cna never think of nachos at Taco Bell the same.
Post a Comment