My children 'can't go to sleep' unless I sing to them. Most nights I sing one song. Sometimes I will sing two. It is a tradition that is ok with me...especially since there are days I could ring their little necks...and after I sing to them- upon their request- I feel more love for them. It's amazing how a primary song can lift your spirits!
Tonight however, I had a new request. A hymn: " Praise to the Man". Ok...if you know this hymn you know it's a range from high pitches to lower ones. Now- I can't sing! And ummm I was honestly nervous that my kids would hear me sing this song and tell me to quit! But they didn't. They loved it. And the kid who requested it was gleaming.
I am grateful for moments like these. It makes me feel like I'm SUPER MOM in these short peoples eyes. I hope I can live up to what they think they see. One day...I may sound hideous to them. But until then...if "Praise to the Man" is requested again...I will bolt out with motherly pride. {and I will make certain there are no recording devices around!}





3 Royal Remarks:
Sweet songs sung by a mother. Can't beat that.
I'm sure James and Mel will love the blocks you made. They sound great.
who do i have for christmas?
i remember mom singing to us, or the bird, i have always loved her voice.
Sharon C:
Last year we all voted that the 10 Weber children {along with their families} would be on a permenant rotation. That way we ALWAYS know who we have.
I will post it on the Forever Weber site so everyone can read it....
Post a Comment