»

Monday, August 27, 2007

Spontaneous & Spectacular!

My weekend turned out to be amazing! Warren and I drove up to Cottonwood and stayed the night in a hotel there. We ate at Johnny Rockets for dinner...yummy real strawberry shakes. We had a wonderful night together. Before our trip I had purchased a mini sampler of 9 different body massage oils with different scents. That was fun to try out!

We slept in until 10:30am! WOW...That is so late for us. But it was SO NICE. We read in bed-enjoyed the shower and packed up. We went out for breakfast and then drove north to Sedona, which is absolutely one of the most gorgeous places that has been created on this earth! We thought we might go to Slide Rock- we love it there. But we decided to try out a less crowded and unpopluar spot called Grasshopper Point.

Now at Grasshopper Point is where people get pretty daring. This is where cliff divers and jumpers like to go. Warren jumped first then...well...I joined in the fun! YEP, you read right! I went off the cliffs too! woooooweeeeee It was so invigorating and stupid! But I loved it! Warren was completly shocked...and that was half the fun of it...to see his face. If you look in the pictures above at where we jumped you may have the impression that it isn't that high up...well your WRONG! When we jumped it took about 4 seconds before we hit the water below. It was pretty scary the first jump...but SO AWESOME!!

Warren and I went hiking in the rocky mountains that are all around Grasshopper Point...we took beautiful pictures.

Afterward- we headed to a nearby campground and set up for the night. This camp was right along the Oak Creek as well {upstream from Grasshopper Point by 6-8 miles} and so hearing the babbling creek running so close through the night was very romantic.

Before we went to bed we headed up to Flagstaff and went shopping and ate dinner. We checked the theater for a movie but didn't care for the choices. So we drove back to camp and made smores with our campfire and snuggled together in our tent. In the morning we packed up our camp then went walking in the Oak Creek below our site. It is very rocky and jumping from one big rock to another was super fun. We chatted about life, kissed and kissed some more. Now that was romantic! After our walk/hike we headed back to camp where we played a forever long hand of SkipBo. Warren beat me by ONE stinkin' card! gggrrrrrrrrrrrr Needless to say he was in a great mood. hehe

We packed up camp and drove into Sedona. We had breakfast and then took the 'scenic' route back to Phoenix. Once we came home we took showers and enjoyed the fact that we still didn't have any children with us. :) We had our fun before we went to pick our short people.

Despite that I didn't feel very good before we left {like I mentioned in my post below it's that time of month} We made it work and I consumed a lot of Advil!

Our 13th anniversary weekend turned out to be very spontaneous and spectacular!!!!

0 Royal Remarks: